Book your Free 30 minute
Discovery Session worth £100 today
The IEMT Practitioner was founded on a vision to help people with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and Anxiety.
I know what it is like to have suffered PTSD with Anxiety. I understand the issues in finding a cure for the symptoms. I have been through the insurmountable challenges to find an effective treatment. I had tried all the available treatments in the UK and other nations. My symptoms were only cured after using the IEMT (Integral Eye Movement Therapy) procedure.
I was so impressed with the treatment that I decided to help other fellow sufferers.
I offer a treatment using the IEMT is modern procedure - it is in keeping with the times.
- It is fast – 2 sessions.
- It is effective – 99% success rate (more than 150 clients)
- It is objective – the result is either a yes or a no
- No discussion of sensitive issues – no resulting abreaction
- No medication necessary
- Total client confidentiality.
Click to Read our
Case Studies and Testimonials
I care about You
My focus is on your Outcome.
I help people with PTSD and Anxiety using IEMT overcome their fears.
PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) in the UK
How many people suffer from PTSD in the UK?
In the UK, nearly 6% of the general population have been recorded to have the symptoms of PTSD (UK Government Official Statistics). With the UK population at 66 million, this equates to about 4 million people.
Who suffers from PTSD?
The greatest risk of getting PTSD is being either directly involved in or exposed to a traumatic event. Getting PTSD appears to be independent of gender, age, culture or ethnicity. The onset between trauma and showing of symptoms varies from person to person.
It is higher in certain occupations as they encounter more traumatic events. In the various population groups, military 6%, firefighters 20%, rape victims 60%, war veterans 12% and about 10,000 women who have suffered traumatic childbirth every year.
There is another group who have had a traumatic childhood. This could either be from traumatic events (like bullying in schools) or domestic abuse at home. They carry these emotional scars from childhood through to adulthood.
What are the issues of PTSD?
The symptoms of PTSD include flashbacks, nightmares or re-occurring memories of past traumatic events with the related emotions.
This causes mood swings, anger, irrational behaviour which can cause a multitude of self-inflicted destructive behaviours, difficulty getting on with people (work or relationships), coping with change, panic attacks, anxiety disorders, depression, substance abuse (alcohol, food, smoking, drugs), self-harm, suicide, homelessness etc.
In short, difficulty in carrying on with life.
Have many PTSD sufferers sought treatment?
However, it is estimated that between 60 to 70% of the PTSD sufferers have not been treated. This is about 2.5 million people.
These could be some of the reasons for not seeking treatment:
- PTSD sufferers can be reluctant to ask for assistance in their illness. The early stages of PTSD occur intermittently so that will be instances when they get better. There are occasions when the sufferer says “I am now feeling better now, it will go away soon.” Hence the reluctance to take any action.
- There is also the issue of confidentiality as this could affect the employee’s record and suitability. It could be viewed as a “career ending move”.
- The long waiting times to start PTSD treatment. In this part of the country, it is between 9 to 12 months. Again, the course of treatment is long – can be for years to a life time. This is a huge commitment and discipline.
- There is the issue of taking time off work for these appointments as many treatments require frequent and regular visits over a course of months or years. These frequent visits do not help their job security especially when trying to keep their mental health issues confidential or keep their employers happy. For the self-employed or hourly paid, attending treatments is a loss of income.
- There is a sigma of mental illness in society and afraid to get “labelled” accordingly. The public perception, particularly with the support of the Royal Family, appears to be changing.
- PTSD has only been recognised as a treatable illness within the past decade or so. People are not familiar with the symptoms have the typical attitude, “you should be man enough to rough this through” or “pull yourself together”.
- Mental illness is not tangible as in physical illness. It is not easily recognised by the person and also, the UK primary care services (GPs) are not particularly good at recognising mental Illness.
What do PTSD sufferers want?
PTSD sufferers want:
- to go back to normal and peaceful lives in a hassle-free manner. The PTSD symptoms have been disrupting their lives.
- confidentially so nobody else knows especially the employer, family and friends.
- a treatment that is quick, no personal effort and most importantly, it works. A discreet walk-in centre for the remedy and walk away cured.
- no medication is necessary.
I help people with PTSD by using the IEMT method to overcome their fears. The IEMT procedure is fast and effective with a consultation of 2 one-hour sessions. I have treated over 150 clients with a success rate of 99%..
WHAT IS IEMT? (Integral Eye Movement Therapy)?
What is IEMT?
I would like to describe what IEMT does rather than define it.
“IEMT is used by a therapist as a tool for change for the client. It is about understanding the person’s pattern of behaviour and why they are chronically stuck. It works where other techniques have not.
IEMT can remove the emotion from a selected memory. A negative memory has an unwanted but linked emotion. When the person recalls this memory, the person can show the emotion like the changing of mood, crying, shouting or having a break-down. The IEMT procedure detaches the link from the negative memory effectively.
The result is, the person can recall the negative memory, can talk or think about it rationally without any emotion.”
What are the benefits of IEMT?
- Treat your symptoms of PTSD and/or Anxiety – 2 treatment sessions of 1 hour, 2 follow-up sessions after an initial discovery session.
- I have worked on 150 clients with a success rate of 99%.
- It is fast and effective with no medication involved.
- It involves my personal attention throughout. We work to find out the precise memories that are the cause of the issues. As we get to the cause of the problem, the treatment is long-lasting.
- I help to identify the issues but do not discuss it. Therefore, I can deal with issues that are sensitive and can cause abreaction. Therefore, I can deal with issues where therapist fear to tread as they have to maintain the peace and relationship. From what I understand, these topics which cause the abreaction are the principal causes of many psychological illnesses.
- I use the IEMT procedure on the agreed issues. IEMT removes the link between memory and the unwanted emotion. As a result, the client can recall the memory and, as there is no linked emotion, can talk about or discuss the issue rationally without any emotion.
- Furthermore, confidentiality is strictly maintained as the details of various topics are not discussed.
- This is a procedure of our modern times. The effect of the treatment is assessed by the client during the session. In the follow-up session, a verification of the efficacy of the treatment is measured by the client as well.
- This is more like a walk-in service where clients come in and walk out a different person. There is a total of 2 treatment sessions, 2 follow up sessions after an initial discovery session.
The IEMT Treatment in Detail
Discovery Session. (How can IEMT treatment help you?)
We go through the assessment form and discuss your aims.
We work through the memories (with their linked emotions) that provoke the symptoms. The selection of memories is the most important step in the IEMT treatment.
We trial the IEMT procedure with one of the selected memories. This is to give you a feel of IEMT and demonstrates how the quickly and effectively you can get with a definite result.
We discuss the results and book you in for 2 treatment sessions for IEMT to break the emotional link of 4 negative memories which are involved in the symptoms of your PTSD and/or Anxiety.
1st Treatment Session - Dealing with the selected memories
The procedure: For the first memory, I will ask you, “how strong are your feelings to this emotion?” where 10 is very bad and 1 is good or acceptable
Usually, I get an initial score of between 8 to 10. This is followed by questions like – “When was the 1st time you had this feeling?” “How familiar are you with this feeling?”
I complete a round of eye movements lasting about 20 to 40 seconds. Then, I ask the client, “How strong are your feelings to this emotion where 10 is very bad and 1 is good”. The reply to the second “round” could be 6. This process is repeated until the score is lower than 4 or less.
This procedure is repeated for the other shortlisted memories.
2nd Treatment Session
I will go through your memories and ask, “how they strong is the feeling?” to the emotion again. Then I would ask about your condition viz PTSD or Anxiety.
From my experience using IEMT, all my clients have responded positively with the IEMT treatment. They either, feel no emotion when they recall the memory or cannot recall the memory at all.
I would do further work on “your identity” or anxiety depending on your preferences.
I go through the changes and outcomes that have been made from the IEMT procedure. Have the stated aims be achieved or grossly overachieved?
Follow- Up Sessions - carried out 4 weeks and 6 months later.
We review the changes that have occurred. Should there be any new issues, it will be remedied.
Outcome (based on my observations)
- When asked to recall the memories that were dealt with IEMT, my clients either did not feel the emotion or were not able to recall the memory.
- They felt happier and more confident after the sessions. They had more energy and accomplished more than they ever thought possible. Their relationships with people changed.
- Most of their aims in the questionnaire were fulfilled.
- They saw the world from a different perspective; as if dark clouds which had persistently hung over them have suddenly been removed.The sun has started to creep out of the dark clouds.
- Behaviours (loss of temper, anger etc) related to mood swings because of the emergence of the emotions have lessened considerably.
A demonstration video of the IEMT procedure.
This video shows the simplicity and effectiveness of the eye movement stage of IEMT procedure. The use of eye movement is one of the procedures within the IEMT treatment.
The client is asked to hold a memory together with a linked emotion. This memory had been selected from an earlier discussion. She is then asked, with her eyes, to follow the movement of the fingers.
The client, at all times, is comfortable or at ease with the procedure.
Objective measurements: The strength of feeling drops from a score of 9 down to a 3 where 10 is a very strong feeling and 1 is a very weak feeling. The strong emotional feeling fades to a weak feeling after the procedure.
Tangible changes: The client gives a description of the resulting changes in the memory and the emotion. The initial memory was a large moving image with a strong colour that was close by. It fades to a small but distant still image of weak colour. The strong emotion she felt initially is now a weak emotion with little effect.
Response times: This 3-minute-long video shows the decoupling of the emotion to one memory. This length of time is typical for many of my clients that I work with. Hence, it is possible to work on several such memories successfully in a session lasting 1 hour.
The client can recall the memory but the linked emotion is weak and does not affect her.
The decoupling of the memory and the linked emotion is the aim of many psychological methods as this is the root cause of many psychological issues. The IEMT procedure achieves this decoupling repeatedly and with simplicity. I find this procedure is highly effective.
The procedure is quick (within 3 minutes in this video), hence many memories can be dealt with in a session. This cuts down on the total number of sessions with the therapist.
I would like to thank Philippa S for help with this video.
Stories of overcoming PTSD – Stories of Failure and Success
Failure to get rid of the PTSD symptoms
A true story
The husband of my neighbour’s sister was in the British Army for over 20 years. Let’s call him Bill and his wife, Jane. He did 3 tours in the Middle East; Kuwait and 2 tours of Iraq. After the last tour, Bill’s behaviour changed. There were mood swings with nightmares and flashbacks of his tours. He was easily startled or jumpy. As he was still in the army, he was well occupied with work. The symptoms appeared but did not dominate his behaviour.
After leaving the army, Bill had a number of civilian jobs but he could not hold it down. He did not get on with management or his colleagues. He became more intolerant and suspicious. The marriage was tense at times and his behaviours became really strange. When my neighbours visited them, he would disappear unannounced or reluctantly join the meal but would not eat saying that he was full. There was also temper tantrums and signs of aggressive behaviour and of course, guilt after the outburst. He talked about suicide. Jane suggested treatment but with great reluctance, he went for counselling. That did not last.
Bill eventually decided to stop work and with the more time on his hands, he gambled and drank even more. Their marriage got worse and the turning point was when he got violent in a drunken rage. She threw him out of the house and divorced him.
Apparently, he has squandered his share of the property on gambling and drink and, as she understands, is homeless somewhere in London. Maybe he has died. Jane has no regrets even though she has to work till her seventies to pay off the mortgage. She does feel the hurt at the insults that have been thrown at her but hey, life goes on.
This true story which illustrates how, PTSD can lead to a downward spiral in your life. IEMT treatment would have arrested the PTSD at the early stage and this would not have been the outcome. IEMT could have been used in that latter stages but only if he really wanted to change as he was set in his ways (drink and gambling). For Jane now, life was no longer like walking on eggshells. It is just so peaceful and predictable.
Success in getting rid of the PTSD and Anxiety symptoms
IEMT literally undoes what PTSD and Anxiety do. It brings your life back to normal almost immediately and more.
My demeanour changed after the IEMT treatment. It was literally like the moving of dark clouds that hung over me with the sun peeping from behind. From being grumpy to a happy, cheerful and positive person.
I can now recall old negative memories without the associated emotions. There is no change of mood. These negative memories do not appear unless I recall them voluntarily. Hence, no more mood swings. My mood is now constantly good. This is like my old self.
There are the following changes that I have noticed:
Emotions – I remain calm throughout and there are no bad tempered flareups.
Outlook – My thoughts are no longer of the past; it is about the future – the life ahead of me.
Behaviour – I remain calm, thoughtful and helpful without being jumpy or suspicious.
Relationships – Better in both personal and with colleagues.
In short, I have returned to the personality I had before PTSD and Anxiety.
Additionally, there are a number of observations:
My thinking and analytical abilities are now more lucid.
Change in attitude to many things in life – more proactive, positive and adventurous. There has been a change in the styles of clothes that I wear, the types of food that I am willing to try, it is the expansion of my comfort zone.
However, for me, my persistent eczema has subsided. This usually flares up in periods of stress.
My confidence has returned and look forward to the next challenge.
What else can I say – the changes that I have achieved from the movement of the eyes. This is just wonderful.
I just cannot believe the changes that I have achieved just from the simple movement of the eyes. No pain, no long counselling sessions, no recalling of the past events, no long treatment sessions, no drugs, no automation. Just interacting personally with the therapist for 2 hours.
I find it very disproportionate. A psychological illness that has been hanging around me for more than a decade like a dark cloud over me can be got rid of with a very simple procedure taking 2 hours of treatment time. Not only that, the IEMT procedure is effective and long lasting.
I am now on the upward trajectory path to success.
I understand it. I have been through it.
What do I stand for?
Avoid the long waiting times and endless counselling sessions.
Avoid treatments that rely on automation, instrumentation or medication.
Avoid vague results.
Welcome a method where I give you all my personal attention and it is fast and effective.
6 Things to look for:
I hope that one day you and I can work together.
I would love to lend my expertise and use proven results to your well-being.
But in case that never happens, I still want to protect you from the rough and tumble of the PTSD and Anxiety symptoms.
Getting treatment for this psychological illness is a courageous feat in itself. I am offering you a treatment that is fast, effective with a personal touch and most importantly, it is confidential. No medication involved.
Here are 6 factors to help you make your decision to have suitable treatment for your PTSD and Anxiety. I am considering it for your convenience.
1. Must have requirement: Sharing the best
My PTSD/Anxiety symptoms do not appear after the IEMT treatment. For 15 years, I tried many treatments in the UK and other parts of the world. The IEMT procedure worked for me the very first time. It was fast, effective and long-lasting. I was so impressed with the efficacy of IEMT, I became a certified practitioner so could help fellow PTSD/Anxiety sufferers with the best of my knowledge gained from the experience of journey.
2. Must have requirement: Credibility and integrity
When I worked at the Metropolitan Police Laboratory, I learnt the significance of credibility, integrity and ethical standards. The work was open to scrutiny by lawyers and experts in a court of law.
I use an established procedure that has proven to work over a period of time. Some heavily marketed treatments in the UK have not shown proof of working.
3. Must have requirement: Tangibility
I use a time proven and tangible method. In the treatment, you can feel the changes during the course of the treatment as you will be providing me with a calibrated feedback of the changes that is happening. After the treatment, I will be asking you to describe the tangible changes using an objective measure of what you feel.
Direct feedback from the client the best way to find out whether the method has worked. In the medical community this is called evidence-based practice.
4. Must have requirement: Short treatment times
The IEMT procedure consists of 2 treatment sessions after a discovery session. This is a total of 2 hours. This is in keeping with the fast pace of modern life. There are many treatments for psychological disorders that can last from 6 months to a lifetime.
5. Must have requirement: Personal attention
My focus is always on the client and the outcome from the treatment. There is no need for any automation, instrumentation or computers. This detracts from the “quality” of the interaction. I am using my skill, effort and personal attention to make effective changes in you.
6. Must have requirement: Convenience for the location of the treatment
I have been to many therapy sessions. The locations and times are suited to the convenience of therapist and not the client. I am reversing the focus. As the client is the centre, the location and times are to suit the client. Hence, the use of remote consultations (use of Zoom) and flexible times. There is always an option of meeting in a office or at home (30 mins travelling from Woking, Surrey)
Do you want to change?
Why choose Dr Michael Oon PhD?
- I had PTSD with Anxiety. For 15 years, I searched for an effective treatment and I found it with the IEMT treatment. Now, as a certified practitioner, I use this established method that has been shown to work over a period of years. Secondly, I get an objective feedback from the client.
- I am a firm believer that treatments should be quick, effective with measurable changes.
- My main focus is the change my client makes as a result of the treatment. I use my personal attention rather than the use of instruments, automation or computers. I provide a service which makes tangible changes. I have worked with more than 150 clients with a 99% success rate.
"The process was fast, easy and incredibly effective. My negative emotions completely disappeared...and are still gone!
Thanks so much Michael."
"After the first session, I could feel the main issues had gone. I had a further session for confirmation. Far more importantly, the management had noticed the considerable improvement in the productivity of my work. They are extremely pleased with the situation. So am I! I am living a life without the unwanted emotions of the past."
"Having personally experienced IEMT therapy with Michael Oon, I can say it was a pleasure; it was empowering and transformative at the same time…..
Now ten weeks later I have discovered possibilities that I could not have anticipated before the actual experience of IEMT therapy.
As I am more focused, have more concentration, am assertive, have free space in my mind to allow the intuitive process to work, am more productive with a better structure, am positive in my outlook on life."
More Case Studies and Testimonials (link)
My promise to you
I have been obsessed in finding effective therapies that have user-friendly time scales to fit in with modern times. The IEMT procedure with 2 hours of treatment can be carried within 2 weeks or less if necessary. The waiting times for counselling therapies is from 6 months to a year with the treatment sessions lasting months or years.
Some clients might require 3 treatment sessions. It just depends.
You will be getting a treatment in keeping with the modern times – short and fast.
I have been obsessed with finding a treatment that is effective and the results are tangible. You will be telling me the changes of the treatment and providing an objective score of the change.
You will be getting an objective measure of change or effectiveness.
I have been obsessed identifying and dealing with the cause of the symptoms.
You will get a treatment that is not only effective but long-lasting.
I have been obsessed with providing a specialist treatment service in keeping with these modern times.
Clients walk in with the problem, and walk out a few weeks later, with the problem solved. I am keeping the IEMT treatment as simple as possible - does not involve going into a trance, taking medication, doing exercises, repeating affirmations, having physical manipulation, doing homework, or having follow-on or making add-on purchases. It is what is described on the tin. A money back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
I am obsessed that access to the treatment be made easy and convenient.
I carry out my consultations in 3 different methods.
- Remote consultation using Zoom
- In an Office in Woking
- In your home (30 min drive from Woking, Surrey)
The times are not restricted to office hours but for mutual convenience.
Book an Appointment for a Free Discovery Session worth £100
The IEMT Practitioner
Call Us : + 44 7973 551184
Email Us: theIEMTpractitioner@gmail.com.